These terms and conditions apply to all your purchases from OnlineComputer.com.au. They contain very important information about your legal rights and obligations, including legal limitations and exclusions that apply to you. By placing an order for any product from OnLine Centre ("OnlineComputer.com.au"), you ("Customer / Consumer") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below. You and OnlineComputer.com.au agree that the following terms and conditions are the exclusive terms governing the sales transaction between the Customer and OnlineComputer.com.au. Any attempt to alter, supplement, modify or amend these terms and conditions by the Customer will be considered a material alteration of this agreement and, therefore, are null and void. In addition, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order with or accept delivery of any goods from OnlineComputer.com.au.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. In addition to the rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law you may also be entitled to benefits under the terms of any additional manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer's warranty (if it applies to your product) does not in any way affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Refund, Return & Warranty Policy
What is our return policy?
We do not normally give refunds or exchanges if you:
• simply change your mind; or
• purchased the wrong product; or
• already knew of a particular fault in a product, or we specifically advised you of a particular fault in a product; or
• damage a product after purchase due to alterations to the product not performed by us, damage the product due to unusual or non-recommended use of the product or damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control; or
• no proof of purchase is provided.
How do I request / notify a Refund, Return, Warranty Claim & or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
Fill Support Request Form or email to email@example.com to request/submit your Refund, Return, Warranty Request & Consumer Guarantee Claim.
Please note if the product is deemed NO FAULT FOUND for any warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim, a service fee up to $50 with any additional shipping charges may be applied; and any inspection / rejection fees by the relevant authorised service centre may also be applied. If a product is found to have been supplied to you in full compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, we may require you pay to OnlineComputer.com.au all costs associated with returning the product to you.
How can I be eligible for Refund, Return, Warranty Claim & or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim consumers must meet the following requirements:
• report the details of the fault and take the goods back to OnLine Centre (or return them by post or courier);
• state what remedy you would like. OnlineComputer.com.au does not guarantee that the remedy you request will be granted;
• provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
• stop using the faulty item;
• ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession.
• be sure that you did not cause the fault ie. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void;
• the product must not be disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
• not have reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to OnLine Centre's attention soon after they occur.
• OnlineComputer.com.au recommends that you carefully review the details of the manufacturer’s warranty (if such a warranty applies) and ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. OnlineComputer.com.au accepts no responsibility for non-compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
Rejection of a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim
OnLine Centre reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim if consumers:
• Change their mind about a product. This includes when a consumer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable (where the consumer has not made any specific intended use of the product known to OnlineComputer.com.au), or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods.
• Caused the fault by using the product in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform
• Damage the product by making alterations not performed by us.
• Damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control.
• Are unable to provide a proof of purchase, namely a tax invoice.
• Are responsible for damaging the goods by not following the care instructions (if any are provided).
In some circumstances, we are happy to offer our consumers with a conditional courtesy return if consumers want to exchange products purchased incorrectly provided the:
• customer notifies OnLine Centre within 7 days of receipt of delivery of the product;
• products are not opened, used and are still in pristine condition;
• customer accepts a minimum restocking fee of 10% of the purchase price;
• OnLine Centre may reject the return upon inspecting the condition of the products and will return the products to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Acceptance of such returns are at the discretion of OnLine Centre
How do I receive my refund or store credit?
- Store credit cannot be redeemed for cash
- Store credit is not transferable and refundable
- You will only receive your Store credit once the order is shipped out. In an event if your order is cancelled then you will not get your Store credit.
- This program is only available for online orders only and excludes items on special and any marketing promotions ie. special price, group deals, coupon redemption, discounted shipping etc
- Store credit can only be used online orders.
- OnlineComputer.com.au reserves the right to change the terms and condition of Store credit program without further notice.
You may also request a store credit instead of a refund which will be credited into your online account.
Returning goods to OnLine Centre
OnLine Centre do not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for warranty or return. The manufacturer’s warranty may be void if the product is damaged in transit. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us. If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The consumer is responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to OnlineComputer.com.au except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height or type of problem with the goods. Some charges may be reimbursed by OnlineComputer.com.au to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them.
Consumers may personally return goods to OnlineComputer.com.au between 11:00am and 5:00pm Monday – Friday unless otherwise organised with staff. No service fee will be charged to consumers who personally return goods to OnlineComputer.com.au. To minimise processing delays customers are recommended to request a Return Authorisation (RA) number via email.
Please note that returns dropped into retail store will not be processed immediately due to RA jobs already in the queue.
For RTB (return to base) manufacturer’s warranty claims: customers are required to send the unit back to OnLine Centre or to the authorized service centre with proof of purchase and a detailed fault description.
For Manufacturer direct warranty claims: customers are recommended to contact the manufacturer for expert technical support & warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organize pickup or delivery. Please note, OnLine Centre do not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres. Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
In cases where goods are returned to us for repair that contain User Generated Data (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) we advise that repairing the goods may result in the loss of the User Generated Data. User Generated Data may include (but is not limited to) data stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone, IPod, digital camera or USB.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discontinued Items, Free products, Software and Consumable Products
OnLine Centre do not accept the return or exchange if consumers
• simply changed their mind;
• no longer require due to changed personal circumstances;
• found the product cheaper somewhere else;
• the goods are damaged due to misuse; or
• already knew of a particular fault in a product or we advised you of a particular fault in a product prior to purchase.
A limited warranty may also apply for clearance, discontinued, or free product. Please read the product description or contact us for more details if you are unsure whether a product within the category above has limited warranty or not.
Before any manufacturer’s warranty claim, consumers are requested to make sure the product is:
• Not affected by being used incorrectly or in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform.
• Not disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, there needs to be proof that the product has failed.
• Not reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to OnLine Centre’s attention soon after they occur.
OnLine Centre is not a manufacturer or authorized service centre. Therefore it is highly recommended that customers contact the manufacturer's technical support directly for any troubleshooting or technical support advice before you return the product to us for a warranty claim. Some manufacturers provided support services are free and may provide you expert technical advice. If the product is deemed faulty, in many cases, a tech support case number is assigned.
This can expedite the warranty process when lodging a warranty claim with OnLine Centre or directly with the manufacturer.
Some manufacturers provide onsite or pickup and delivery services as is most common with warranty services for notebooks and LCD monitors. These direct manufacturer services, in general, allow for a quicker turnaround of warranty claims.
Due to the Privacy Act, OnLine Centre cannot apply for a warranty claim on the customer's behalf directly with the manufacturer.
If the manufacturer directs you to return the product back to us then you should lodge a warranty request via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The actual manufacturer’s warranty process may vary for different manufacturers and/or suppliers, so we cannot provide an accurate timeframe of how long the process will take for a particular product in the first instance. Status updates are provided once further information is received from the manufacturers, their service centre or agents.
OnLine Centre also reserves the right to apply any service fees for any warranty claims to cover all costs incurred including inbound & return freight, supplier/manufacturer service fees etc if the returned product is found to be not covered by warranty, warranty has expired, or no fault is found or the item was physically damaged.